Kickstart your career in data science & ML. Build data science skills, learn Python & SQL, analyze & visualize data, build machine learning models.No degree or prior experience required!
Kickstart your career in data science & ML. Build data science skills, learn Python & SQL, analyze & visualize data, build machine learning models.
No degree or prior experience required!
What you will learn:
- Learn what data science is, the various activities of a data scientist’s job, and methodology to think and work like a data scientist
- Develop hands-on skills using the tools, languages, and libraries used by professional data scientists
- Import and clean data sets, analyze and visualize data, and build and evaluate machine learning models and pipelines using Python
- Apply various data science skills, techniques, and tools to complete a project and publish a report
Skills you will gain:
- Data Science
- Python Programming
- Data Analysis
- Cloud Databases
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)
- Predictive Modelling
- Data Visualization (DataViz)
- Model Selection
There are 10 Courses in this Professional Certificate
1.What is Data Science: The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today.
2.Tools for Data Science: What are some of the most popular data science tools, how do you use them, and what are their features? In this course, you’ll learn about Jupyter Notebooks, JupyterLab, RStudio IDE, Git, GitHub, and Watson Studio. You will learn about what each tool is used for, what programming languages they can execute, their features and limitations. With the tools hosted in the cloud on Skills Network Labs, you will be able to test each tool and follow instructions to run simple code in Python, R or Scala. To end the course, you will create a final project with a Jupyter Notebook on IBM Watson Studio and demonstrate your proficiency preparing a notebook, writing Markdown, and sharing your work with your peers.
3.Data Science Methodology: Despite the recent increase in computing power and access to data over the last couple of decades, our ability to use the data within the decision making process is either lost or not maximized at all too often, we don’t have a solid understanding of the questions being asked and how to apply the data correctly to the problem at hand.
4. Python for Data Science, AI & Development: Kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general, with this beginner-friendly introduction to Python. Python is one of the world’s most popular programming languages, and there has never been greater demand for professionals with the ability to apply Python fundamentals to drive business solutions across industries.
5. Python Project for Data Science: This mini-course is intended to for you to demonstrate foundational Python skills for working with data. The completion of this course involves working on a hands-on project where you will develop a simple dashboard using Python.
6.Databases and SQL for Data Science with Python: Much of the world’s data resides in databases. SQL (or Structured Query Language) is a powerful language which is used for communicating with and extracting data from databases. A working knowledge of databases and SQL is a must if you want to become a data scientist.
7. Data Analysis with Python: Learn how to analyze data using Python. This course will take you from the basics of Python to exploring many different types of data. You will learn how to prepare data for analysis, perform simple statistical analysis, create meaningful data visualizations, predict future trends from data, and more!
8. Data Visualization with Python: “A picture is worth a thousand words”. We are all familiar with this expression. It especially applies when trying to explain the insight obtained from the analysis of increasingly large datasets. Data visualization plays an essential role in the representation of both small and large-scale data.
9. Machine Learning with Python: This course dives into the basics of machine learning using an approachable, and well-known programming language, Python. In this course, we will be reviewing two main components: First, you will be learning about the purpose of Machine Learning and where it applies to the real world. Second, you will get a general overview of Machine Learning topics such as supervised vs unsupervised learning, model evaluation, and Machine Learning algorithms.
10. Applied Data Science Capstone: This capstone project course will give you a taste of what data scientists go through in real life when working with data. You will learn about location data and different location data providers, such as Foursquare. You will learn how to make RESTful API calls to the Foursquare API to retrieve data about venues in different neighborhoods around the world. You will also learn how to be creative in situations where data are not readily available by scraping web data and parsing HTML code. You will utilize Python and its pandas library to manipulate data, which will help you refine your skills for exploring and analyzing data.
About this Professional Certificate:
Data science is one of the hottest professions of the decade, and the demand for data scientists who can analyze data and communicate results to inform data driven decisions has never been greater. This Professional Certificate from IBM will help anyone interested in pursuing a career in data science or machine learning develop career-relevant skills and experience.
It’s a myth that to become a data scientist you need a Ph.D. Anyone with a passion for learning can take this Professional Certificate — no prior knowledge of computer science or programming languages required — and develop the skills, tools, and portfolio to have a competitive edge in the job market as an entry level data scientist.
The program consists of 9 online courses that will provide you with the latest job-ready tools and skills, including open source tools and libraries, Python, databases, SQL, data visualization, data analysis, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and machine learning algorithms. You’ll learn data science through hands-on practice in the IBM Cloud using real data science tools and real-world data sets.
Upon successfully completing these courses, you will have built a portfolio of data science projects to provide you with the confidence to plunge into an exciting profession in data science.
In addition to earning a Professional Certificate from Coursera, you’ll also receive a digital badge from IBM recognizing your proficiency in data science.
Applied Learning Project:
This Professional Certificate has a strong emphasis on applied learning. Except for the first course, all other courses include a series of hands-on labs in the IBM Cloud that will give you practical skills with applicability to real jobs, including:
Tools: Jupyter / JupyterLab, GitHub, R Studio, and Watson Studio
Libraries: Pandas, NumPy, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Folium, ipython-sql, Scikit-learn, ScipPy, etc.
Projects: random album generator, predict housing prices, best classifier model, battle of neighborhoods
What is a Professional Certificate?
Build the Skills to Get Job Ready:
Whether you’re looking to start a new career, or change your current one, Professional Certificates on Coursera help you become job ready. Learn at your own pace, whenever and wherever it’s most convenient for you. Enroll today and explore a new career path with a 7 day free trial. You can pause your learning or end your subscription at any time.
Apply your skills with hands-on projects and build a portfolio that showcases your job readiness to potential employers. You’ll need to successfully finish the project(s) to earn your Certificate.
Earn a Career Credential:
When you complete all of the courses in the program, you’ll earn a Certificate to share with your professional network as well as unlock access to career support resources to help you kickstart your new career. Many Professional Certificates have hiring partners that recognize the Professional Certificate credential and others can help prepare you for a certification exam. You can find more information on individual Professional Certificate pages where it applies.
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, receive a commission.